After a few health concerns I decided to make the switch to an aluminium and paraben free deodorant. While there are quite a few on the market, the reviews were often less than promising with people complaining of increased sweating, the product smell or sensitivities to the ingredients.
I didn’t want to sweat or smell, but I also didn’t want aluminium and parabens in my deodorant.
As a longtime fan of MooGoo because of previous results with their other products, as well as the company’s philosophy, I decided to try their deodorant first.
I purchased my deodorant from a local health store for $8.95. You can purchase from many health stores or online at MooGoo.
I have been using the product for two months.
- Firstly and importantly for me, it’s healthier than the conventional deodorants and antiperspirants I was using. MooGoo lists and explains every ingredient in their products, not just the ‘pretty ones’
- There is no smell even if I do perspire
- It comes in an easy to use roll-on
- The deodorant takes around a couple of minutes to dry once applied. I prefer to let it dry for at least five minutes because I find that if it’s not 100% dry and I put my clothes on, I sweat
- The deodorant leaves white marks on my underarms. White marks from roll-on deodorants and anti-perspirants that I used previously were usually from excess product that could be wiped off with a tissue, but as this deodorant comes out as a liquid, when it dries it can be slightly visible and can’t be wiped off
- I have found that on a few occasions I have perspired but this product is not an ‘anti’perspirant’, it is a deodorant which it is excellent at. As I mention below, I probably would have also perspired if using regular deodorants/anti-perspirants on these occasions but I just wanted to point it out.
I am really really happy with the MooGoo deodorant. Even with the regular anti-perspirants and deodorants I was using before I would occasionally perspire so I don’t think that the MooGoo deodorant is any different despite only being marketed as a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant.
A number of reviews on the MooGoo website say that at the beginning of using the product they perspired but as time went on they perspired less which also happened to me. As mentioned above, if I do perspire, I do not smell at all which I love as sometimes I would get paranoid even with regular deodorants/anti-perspirants.
If you’re interested in a healthier deodorant, I’d definitely recommend MooGoo.
Have you tried any natural deodorants? What is your favourite?