No egg? Need a recipe for Shrove Tuesday? Or just want an easy vegan and gluten-free pancake recipe for a lazy Sunday morning? Then you’re in luck.
This is my go-to recipe to make easy delicious pancakes.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6 pancakes||5 minutes||5 minutes|
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Coconut oil or dairy free butter to grease pan
- Mix the buckwheat flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Pour in the almond milk and pure vanilla extract and stir to remove all lumps.
- Cut up banana into small pieces and mash it with a fork. Then pour into mixture and stir.
- Once mixed, add blueberries into mixture and gently stir.
- Lightly grease a frying pan with coconut oil or dairy free butter and put on medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the frying pan. Cook on medium heat until you notice bubbles forming and then flip over.
- Cook for a few minutes and then repeat for the remainder of the batter.
- Enjoy them 🙂
- Don’t over stir the mixture once blueberries have been added.
- If the mixture isn’t thick enough, add a small amount of buckwheat flour and mix again.
- If the mixture is too thin and you don’t want to add additional buckwheat flour, it’s best to add the blueberries into the batter once it’s in the frying pan – but you have to do it fast. If the mixture is too thin, the blueberries will just sink if you add them to the mixing bowl.
- If you would like sweeter batter, you can also add in a tablespoon of sugar.
What is your go to breakfast?